The University invests heavily in international collaborations that make the University of Milan a destination for numerous visiting professors and scientists, foreign or Italian scholars with high scientific qualifications, belonging to non-Italian university, research or higher education institutions who annually carry out teaching and research activities at the University.
The visiting professor is a scholar, foreign or Italian, with a high scientific qualification, belonging to non-Italian universities, research, or higher education institutions, invited to carry out courses, modules, cycles of lectures or seminars at the University.
Visiting scholars or visiting scientists are foreign or Italian scholars with adequate scientific qualifications, belonging to foreign universities or research bodies, who carry out research or scientific collaboration and exchange activities at University structures and who, during their stay, hold - quite occasionally - certified training activities in the context of study courses or research doctorate courses, regardless of the extent of their commitment.
Visiting scientists of DISFARM (starting from the 2015-2016 academic year):
- Prof. Rubén Vicente Arroyo, (Department of Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, University of Oviedo (Spain))
• Seminar: Synthesis of heteroarenes: tradition vs modernity: five-membered rings (2021)
• Seminar: Synthesis of heteroarenes: tradition vs modernity: six-membered rings (2021)
- Prof. Renè CSUK (Department of Chemistry, Martin-Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Germany).
• Seminar: How to improve the cytotoxicity of beta-boswellic acid: a case study ". (2019)
- Prof Alexander Bittner, (CIC nanoGUNE, San Sebastian, (Spain)
• Seminar :, Electrospinning of peptides, proteins, and foodstuff to micro- and nanofibers. (2019)
- Prof. Esteban Anoardo, (Facultad de Matemática, Astronomía, Física y Computación, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (Spain))
• Seminar: “Curious features about the elastic behavior of liposomes membranes as observed through proton field cycling NMR relaxometry”. (2019)
- Prof. Gerhard Winter, (Department Pharmazie, LMU, München (Germany))
• Seminar: "Stability prediction of protein formulation by fast physical unfolding assays: hours in the lab shall predict years of stability?" (2019)
• Lesson: “Evolution of primary packaging for injectables (from ampules to think of plastics to needle free delivery)” for students of the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology Degrees. (2019)
- Dr. Thierry Durand (Institut des Biomolécules Max Mousseron, Faculté de Pharmacie, Université de Montpellier, France)
• Seminar "Isoprostanoids: Biomarkers and Bioactive Lipids". (2019)
- Prof. Dimitrios A. Lamprou (School of Pharmacy, Queen's University, Belfast (UK))
• Seminar: “Innovative manufacturing approaches in the design and development of novel
drug delivery devices ". (2019)
- Prof. Meital Reches (Institute of Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel) participation in the Mini-Symposium NANOTECHNOLOGIES in PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES organized for PhD students in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
• Seminar: "Characterization of nanomaterials"
• Seminar: "Interactions between Peptides & Inorganic Matter: Design of Simple Functional Coatings" - a.a. 2017-2018
- Prof.sa Silvia Balbo (Division of Environmental Health Sciences, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, USA), collaboration DISFARM / UNIMI- University of Minnesota for international student mobility programs
• seminar "DNA adducts as biomarkers to develop precision medicine strategies to move towards personalized chemotherapeutic regimens." - a.y. 2017-18
- Prof. Elias Fattal (Director of Institut Galien Universitè Paris Sud), participation in the Mini-Symposium NANOTECHNOLOGIES in PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES organized for PhD students in Pharmaceutical Sciences
• seminar: "Nanomedicines: solutions for better delivery of nucleic acids" - a.a. 2017-18
- Prof. Christelle Catherine Mavoungou (Biberach University of Applied Sciences, Germany) collaboration between DISFARM / UNIMI - University of Ulm for international student mobility programs
• seminar: "Peptides location and folding dynamic, a matter of function and diversity"
• participation in the Discussion of the final report relating to the research activity of Ms Isabelle Notter student of the University of Ulm selected for a mobility period at DISFARM (tutor DISFARM / UNIMI Prof Alessandro Contini, tutor University of Biberach Prof.ssa Mavoungou) - aa 2017-18
- Dr. Artur J.Togneri Ferron (Botucatu Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo State University (UNESP) Botucatu, SP, Brazil) researcher in pathophysiology and internal medicine, involved in research entitled: redox-state and cardiac β-adrenergic modulation in experimental model of induced-obesity diet ”- aa 2017-2018
- Dr. Fabiane Valentini Francisqueti (Botucatu Medical School, Department of Pathology, Botucatu, SP, Brazil, University of Sao Paulo State University (UNESP), researcher in pathology involved in the research project entitled: Inter-relation of γ-orizanol and activation of Adipo-R1 and Adipo-R2 receptors: possible effect on the improvement of renal function associated with obesity ”- aa 2017-2018
- Dr. Lisa Vanthienen (Université KU Leuven, Belgium) Research activity on the production of pullulan nanofibers - a.a. 2016-17
- Dr. Danielle Diniz (Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, The Netherlands), Research activity on the chemical-physical characterization of site-specific liposomes designed to cross the blood-brain barrier - a.a. 2016-17
- Prof. Chiara Cabrele (Dept. of Molecular Biology, Div. Of Chemistry and Bioanalytics, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria), seminar activities on Native Chemical ligation, Foldamers, Structure, function and druggability of the inhibitors of cell differentiation ( Id) proteins - aa 2015-16
- Prof. Gökçen Eren (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Gazi University, Etiler-Ankara, Turkey), research activity in the field of molecular modeling of allosteric modulators of cholinergic receptors - a.a. 2015-16